What is Drupal?
Drupal is an open source CMS (content management system) platform, written in PHP. Drupal was first released in 200 and now powers many high profile websites such as Green Peace, Oxfam, Gatwick Airport and Al Jazeera.
Advantages of Drupal
- Security – Drupal is arguably the most secure out of all the major content management systems.
- Functionality – Drupal comes with lots of built in functionality that makes it easy to manage menus, create polls, edit graphics and more.
- SEO Friendly – Drupal is extremely flexible and allows content to be displayed in a way search engines like. Drupal’s CMS allows you to manage your sites SEO effortlessly.
- Mobile Friendly – Drupal allows for mobile friendly and responsive websites to be created. The CMS is also responsive, meaning you can edit your website from your smart phone when you are out of the office.
- Scalable – Drupal is fantastic at allowing and handling content growth.