In this blog post we are going to outline some of the most common file types used in the web design process.
- .HTML – Hypertext Markup Language is the standard markup language for creating web pages. HTML describes the structure of web pages
- .PHP – PHP stands for ‘Hypertext Pre-processor’. It is a widely used, open source, programming and scripting language used to create dynamic interactive websites. PHP scripts are executed on the server.
- .CSS – Cascading Style Sheets describe how HTML elements are to be displayed. CSS can handle the look and feel of a web page. CSS can control colours, fonts, spacing, layouts and more.
- .JPG – JPG stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group. It is a file extension for a lossy graphics file. This makes it perfect to use in web design, as it will load faster than lossless graphic files.
- .PNG – Portable Network Graphic is a graphics file format that supports lossless data compression. It was created as an improved replacement for GIF’s. It is the most widely used lossless graphic file format online.
- .PSD – Used in Adobe Photoshop as the default format for saving files. They are called ‘Adobe Photoshop Document Files’.
- .EPS – Encapsulated Postscript Vector Graphics is a file extension for vector based graphics created in Adobe Illustrator.
- .AI – File format for representing single page vector based drawings. The file extension is used by Adobe Illustrator.
If you are interested in our web design service then please call our team on 0793 9006 826 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our web design service is ideal for businesses in Wirral, Liverpool, Chester & the North West.